The Moccamaster KBG brews a full 1.2L pot of coffee in six minutes. It is one of our favorite ways to brew coffee on our days off. The process is quick, easy and a delicious way to brew a large amount of coffee at home. All Technivorm Moccamaster coffee makers are individually handmade and tested in the Netherlands at the Technivorm factory. The result is a beautiful machine designed to make your life a little more convenient with a perfect cup of coffee. Here is our favorite way to brew on it:
Dose: 65 g | Water Weight: 1.20 L | Ratio: 1:18
- Before we start, make sure your unit is OFF.
- We will rinse the paper filter with water, and then dump the water out. We do this to remove the paper taste.
- Weigh out your coffee and then grind it. We are using 65 grams with our NO.9 blend. We are using a medium grind to get more richness out of our extraction.
- You can now add the ground coffee to the basket, and make sure to level out the bed. This is because we want the water to hit all the coffee evenly.
- Place Brew-Basket lid on.
- Add water to the reservoir until it hits the line marked with 1 ¼ or 10.
- Place Reservoir Lid on
- Turn your unit ON. Make sure the Glass Carafe is on the hot plate.
- The Half Moon side is for 175 degrees fahrenheit, and the Full Moon side is for 185 degrees to keep your coffee warm. Your unit will stay on for 100 minutes before shutting down itself.
You can visit the product page here to see our range of colors.