The Espresso Extraction Class highlights foundational theory for your grinder and espresso machine. It is hosted by ACE Coffee Roasters and held on-site at our West Ritchie location.
By the end of the demonstration, participants will have a solid understanding of the relationship between grind setting and espresso recipes through an exercise of eight (8) crucial steps, all while exploring the context of espresso throughout its history and an introduction to evaluating how espresso tastes.
What is involved:
- Glossary of espresso terms
- Espresso recipes
- How to adjust your grinder
- How to extract the espresso
- What over/under extraction means
- Details about espresso machines
What to expect:
- Ninety (90) minutes of demonstration with our educator.
- Take-home material highlighting espresso standards and troubleshooting.
- The timeslot you choose could end up as a one-on-one class if no one else chooses the same timeslot; otherwise, this class can be in a group of a maximum of three individuals.
- Purchase two or more tickets and receive 30% off.
Who should take this:
The program is for someone who wants to be able to take any coffee and have a delicious espresso with minor calibrations. This is for you if you want to learn the ins and outs of your machine and brew cafe-quality coffee at home. We also require no previous brewing experience, and you do not need a machine at home.